4th KAS Political Academy in Cyprus (Copy)
The KAS Political Academy offers skills development for young people who already are or want to be involved in student, youth, and local politics, as well as the civil society.
The KAS Political Academy offers skills development for young people who already are or want to be involved in student, youth, and local politics, as well as the civil society. Through the Political Academy the participants will have the chance to get a broader understanding about the complex political, social and economic environment of Cyprus and the EU, and get familiar with the values of the European centre-right. The objective of the Political Academy is to provide the participants with knowledge and technical expertise in order to enhance their ability to shape their political argumentation.
For those interested, the KAS Political Academy offers a unique opportunity to acquire new knowledge and skills through the interaction with academics, experts and political actors. Certificates of participation will be awarded.
Participants must be up to 35 years old from Cyprus, with a very good command of English and Greek, active involvement in political affairs and/or the civil society, as well as a keen interest in European and Cyprus politics.
ΠΛΗΡΟΦΟΡΙΕΣ ONLINE ΣΥΜΜΕΤΟΧΗΣ
President of Democratic Rally
Minister of Finance
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Chairman - Glafkos Clerides Institute
Research Associate, KAS Greece
Director Of Communications to the Prime Minister
Research Associate, KAS Greece and Cyprus
CEO - Glafkos Clerides Institute
CEO - Glafkos Clerides Institute
General Manager, V+O Communication Cyprus
- Ημέρα 1
- Ημέρα 2
- Ημέρα 3
- 18:00 Welcome18:00- 19:00Introduction to the KAS Political AcademyΟμιλητές: Jeroen Kohls, Michalis Sophocleous
- 19:30 The current state of the Cyprus political landscape19:30- 20:30Perspectives and Challenges of the Cypriot political sceneΟμιλητές: Averof Neophytou
- 20:30 Welcome dinner20:30- 23:00Dinner for all participants and guests
- 09:00 Social Market Economy09:00- 10:30Is the concept of Social Market Economy relevant to Cyprus?Ομιλητές: Constantinos Petrides, Martha Kontodaimon
- 10:30 History and Challenges for the centre-right in Cyprus10:30- 12:00An in depth analysis of the Cyprus' political sceneΟμιλητές: Michalis Sophocleous
- 12:00 Coffee break12:00- 12:30A quick break!
- 12:30 Introduction to political communication - Part 112:30- 14:00How political campaigns can make a difference.Ομιλητές: Panos Tsirides
- 14:00 Lunch break14:00- 15:30Let's have a bite!
- 15:30 Introduction to political communication – Part II15:30- 17:00How social media changed political campaigning.Ομιλητές: Kyra Kapi
- 17:00 Preparation of political campaigns in teams17:00- 20:00Let's get ready for our Campaign Presentations!
- 20:00 Dinner20:00- 23:00Dinner necessary after this exhausting day.
- 09:30 Current challenges and perspectives for Cyprus09:30- 10:30The Cyprus issue and Cyprus' foreign policyΟμιλητές: Ioannis Kasoulides
- 10:30 Practical workshop on campaign planning10:30- 12:30Time to for our participants to present their campaigns!Ομιλητές: Kyra Kapi, Michalis Sophocleous, Panos Tsirides
- 12:30 Feedback12:30- 13:00Feedback and reflections on the Political AcademyΟμιλητές: Jeroen Kohls
- 13:00 Lunch13:00- 14:30The farewell lunch!